Friday, May 24

Bye Bye World!

 

Goodbye Summer | bjvear 
I made a big decision ~ I have decided to cut and eliminate some of the things that I think I have to do to make more time for the things I want to do. 

One of the things that is going to go is my studio ~ BdotDepictions.  I haven’t been doing photography seriously for a least a year now, and paying to keep my studio site up and running when I haven’t sold a single piece of work doesn’t make much sense for me right now. 

Especially when I am not really in a position to be able to do something about the lack of sales ~ i.e., marketing!

In keeping with that, I have decided to put Depict This! away too, so I am putting the blog on hiatus until further notice.  This is mainly so I can focus on finishing the novel I am co-authoring with my sister.  We are really close to finishing our second manuscript {we have finished the first one, but need both finished before we can look at publishing}, but I find that I just don’t have enough motivation to work on it.

Blogging takes all of my writing juice ~ I’m just dry by the time it comes to the novel and I hate that.  I haven’t done any quality work on it for ages…  Yes, I know our new arrival into the family has quite a lot to do with that, but I also know my limitations.  If I want to see our books published, I need to shut shop on the blog temporarily. 

Never fear ~ it’s only for a little while!  I already have a ton of plans for my blogging come back! 

It’s going to involve a complete rebrand ~ new blog, new blog name and everything….  But I can’t tell you any more.

I won’t take Depict This! down; I want to leave the old blog up for a while so that everyone came reference my old posts if they wish too.  I just won’t be updating DT! even though I’ll still be around on Twitter, Instagram{@bjvear}, and Pinterest if you want to check out what I am up to in the mean time. 

xox,

bonita

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with new ventures and cutting out what doesn't work in your life. ((((((Hugs))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica Cangiano5:50 AM

    Thank you for sharing about some of these major decisions with us, honey. I completely understand and wish you all the very best in wherever life leads you and your family from this point onward.

    Big hugs,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daisy Foster11:52 PM

    Good Luck, I've really enjoyed reading your blog - you're really talented

    best of luck
    daisysausage.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog ~ I love to read your comments, opinions and queries! I will try to answer all of your comments, or stop by your blog for a visit! : )

xox,
b.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...