Friday, July 30

Crafting Craziness <3

It began with the reading of blogs.  Sewing blogs got me pinning over fabulous 40s frocks, marvellous millinery, and stupendous shoes.   Then I found the cute blogs devoted to kawaii and kanji and crafts….

My foray into the world of frill {read as Hime Gyaru and sweet Lolita with a dash of Gal style thrown in} has resulted in a sensory overload.  Apparently there IS a thing as too much inspiration!

For the last two weeks I have been sitting at my computer absorbing all these really cool ideas, such as How to store lashes in a cake, or  How to make cute rose hair clips, or Purses covered in bows and lace and pearls, or Stud Earrings or….   ><

So much cuteness, so many cool ideas!!!    *meltdown*

Overload

Slowly but surely, some ideas started to reach to the top of the bubbling cauldron of my mind so that they could hop out and into my hands.  They took their own sweet time but they were worth waiting for.   

Crafts_1a

Clockwise from top ~ Pearl necklace with the bow & heart locket added by me, Big black ribbon broach/hair bow crafted by me, silver bracelet with half~pearls set in by me, black double bow ribbon ring crafted by me.

Crafts_2 Crafts_3

 Crafts_4 Crafts_5

The backs of the hair bow and ring.

I have also been inspired by this tutorial ~ Decoden Ear Bud Headphones ~ for decoing  my own not~so~crazy~but~still~cute{I think} ear bud headphones.

 Deco_Headphones_2 Deco_Headphones_3

 Deco_Headphones_1a

I them sooo much!  I think they turned out really well.  I now have diabolical plans for future projects which include doing up my iPod and speakers and my phone.  Although with my phone I am tempted to try a full on decoden just to see if I would like it all.  I mean, I love how it looks in photos, but I am just not sure that I could live with it all the time…..  ;_;

To be perfectly honest, decoden scares me a little bit ~ it’s just so….  so…..  so…..   over the top.   I love cute, pearls and sparkles….  But my philosophy has always been “Less is more”.    Which does beg the question, why am I so attracted to the uber sparkly crazy cute decoden style? 

But upon further reflection I wonder if I could do it, but do it with a b. flare…  That of course means the bows, pearls, and lace as normally found in decoden, but only in black, white and red.  Silver is also acceptable. 

So not totally decoden as I know it, but another creature altogether.  Much like my fashion style which seems to want to be hime gyaru flavoured one day {in black and white naturally} and 40s vintage the next.  {I will put up photos of the tribute outfit to hime gyaru soon.  I wore it tonight on a date with my gorgeous husband   -_^ ~ ♥  but so did not have the time to take any pictures.  I will repeat wear the outfit and get photos this time.}

It is kind of hard when my clothing style swings quite dramatically from chic and elegant to cute and frilly without much thought, but at least I have one thing about my style straight.  I like skirts and I like heels.  And I will always adore anything in black with bows, pearls and lace. 

Beyond that who knows where it is going to go!

xox,

b.

 

~*~  Tutorials/Inspiration found at  ~*~

  ~  http://violetlebeaux.com/tutorials/

~   http://lolita-charm.blogspot.com/

  ~  http://blog.tizzalicious.com/

   ~  http://hearty2.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

  1. Great crafts! I Adore the headphones!

    new follower - Nicole
    www.craftmysoul.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute!! I spotted the necklace in your previous post and loved, but those headphones are just adorable.

    L x

    Half Dressed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! They were a lot of fun to do. ^^

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog ~ I love to read your comments, opinions and queries! I will try to answer all of your comments, or stop by your blog for a visit! : )

xox,
b.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...