Saturday, June 19

~ Wrapt ~ Inspiration

I love this blog – the clothes, the quirk, the beautiful backgrounds… One day (as my DH witnessed) I announced that  I want to go to Alaska, rent a boat and spend a week on one of their beautiful glacial lakes in the middle of a mellow Alaskan summer (ooo!  Doesn’t that phase just sound delightful?  “Alaskan summer”…)  and you can blame Elizabeth from Delightfully Tacky.   Oh yeah, and I’m really beginning to like Winnebagoes thanks to her as well!

Recently she did a post that featured not only the cutest boots, but a fake tattoo she drew on her arm .  You might ask what that has got to do with anything around here, but I was inspired.  I took two of the elements from her tattoo and drew a picture around them. 
I called it Wrapt ~




Wrapt

If you want to know what  the original looked like, here it is:
      
  DTtat    

Even better, check out Delightfully Tacky’s blog and see for yourself!  You won’t be disappointed I promise.
In passing, I think that I will continue this trend of not just posting the ‘inspiration’ like I know a lot of bloggers do, or just the finished results (there will be enough of that in my studio galleries once it is up and running) but do both together.  I always like to know the ‘behind the scenes’ stuff, so maybe you will too.
Another project I’m totally keen to start as soon as I get myself some wool is this super cute collar ~

CuteCollar

I want to make it in white, black, red and purple (if it turns out well).  And once I’ve done those, I might even try felting it.  Although that will shrink it, so I’ve got to figure out how to make it bigger so that it won’t choke me once I’ve shrunk it in the washing machine.  (It’s a felting technique I learnt off The Crimson Owl, another great blog to check out)   I think it’ll be fantastic to trim boring tops with.  I want to figure out a way to clip it on so I can change the collars around as I please.  I’m a big fan of be able to style a piece of clothing with different accessories rather than making the changes permanent.  That way you can have a much bigger wardrobe just by switching the accessories and creating a completely different look for the garment each time. 
Finally; to finish off another uber long post – sorry people,  I just want to announce some seriously exciting news……   (Wait for it) ……………..

I just brought my new camera!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   *big squee*  It’s a Cannon 55oD Digital SLR.  I originally wanted the 50D, but for twice the price and the only difference being the 6.8 fps and the alloy body – both of which I can live without, so I decided it’s not worth it.  Especially when JB Hi-Fi were having a fantastic sale on the 55oD.  I got the camera body and twin lenses (one is 18mm to 55mm and the other 55mm to 200mm – both with a manual zoom and anti-shake features) as well as a Polaroid filter, a 16GB memory card (wish it was bigger, because I’ll capturing with RAW files, but that’ll have to do) and a two year extended warranty for cheaper than the 50D camera body alone!!  How sweet is that?!?

So now I finally have my own camera again.   I did have a point and shoot Olympus MJU for few years.  It was a good camera, but it broke and this is better by far!  The only downside is that I have got to wait at least a week for the camera to come, but once it does – expect an onslaught of photographs, because I am going to have sooo much fun with this bad boy. 

Bye for now, not forever ~
b.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog ~ I love to read your comments, opinions and queries! I will try to answer all of your comments, or stop by your blog for a visit! : )

xox,
b.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...