So to start off with the text and end with a bang…. That’s what I figure, so here is part one ~ the confessions Q&A.
♥ ~ Topic: Fashion ~ ♥
1. ~ When did you first get interested in style and fashion?
I was first interested in fashion when I was thirteen. For my early years, I was aware that stuff was cool or not cool, but I often didn’t really know why. Most of my inspiration came from street style around me.
It was not until my late teens {very late teens} and early~mid twenties before I really started to take notice of high fashion and couture and the like. But now I love checking out blog styles and vintage fashion; that is where my heart is. ♥
2. ~ Do you think that there is a difference between style and fashion? Why?
I do. I think that fashion is what comes from the designer houses, magazines and it is the season to season items/outfits that everyone wears and when they do they all look the same! To me, fashion is a uniform. You have to have a certain look to be fashionable.
Style on the other hand, it’s often undefinable. You can look at someone and just know that they have style, even though the clothes they are wearing may not be in ‘uniform’. I think style is an attitude. It is an approach to the way you dress usually based on what you like to wear mixed in with a nonconformist tang. The leaders of fashion ~ they have style. The followers are usually just fashionable.
3. ~ What is your favourite fashion?
My favourite fashion is based on 30s, 40s, 50s wear ~ usually girly~goth. My favourite style is vintage and doll~like clothes. ^__^
4. ~ What is your least liked fashion?
Hmmm. Where to start…. Tights as pants. Mini shorts/skirts that look like belts. Swimwear as clothing. Lingerie as clothing {although the corset over a blouse thing can be very attractive}. Sheer clothes without anything but underwear underneath. Sheer clothes with nothing but a strategically arranged piece of embroidery. Leopard print ~ animal prints full stop actually. Anything neon except nail polish!! And I will stop there to save your sanity. >o<
5. What fashion/style do you wish you could pull off but do not have the guts?
A full head to toe vintage look, hair and makeup included. That or Hime Gyaru. I wish I had the man parts to do it, but I can not see myself doing this any time soon. I would also need all the required items for both outfits, so there is also the difficulty there.
6. ~ Flowers or chocolate and why?
Flowers! Mainly because although I loved chocolate, I prefer it in the form of frozen dairy. Yes, Ben and Jerry ~ I will confess my undying adoration for you and lay my heart at your feet. Well, I would, but it is already taken. So sorry.
I just love receiving a bouquet or even a single wild flower. They are so pretty and just brighten up my day. DH brings me roses and I have dried all the petals so now I have three pretty glass bowls filled with beautiful petals as a constant reminder that he loves me. Is not he the best? Oh yes, he is the best. > ω < ~ ♥
~ * ♥ * ~ * ♥ * ~ * ♥ * ~
I was hanging out with my sister {number two} today ~ as we do every Friday. It was nice and relaxing. We had tea and raspberry tarts, painted our nails and amused ourselves on YouTube. Yes, I converted her to the guildside too. ><
Anyway, my nail art turned out pretty good if I do say so myself, so I took some photos. Yay! Photos!!
~ * The Dragon Flies over Flowers Nails * ~
Konad Nail Polish ~ White
Konad Plate ~ M5
OPI Nail Lacquer ~ Matte Aqua Green {I can’t actually read the colour; it’s in French...}
Klean Color ~ Madly Matte {matte finisher ~ take the shine out of the shiniest polishes, it’s brilliant!!}
Okay, all these polishes, Konad tools included, are my sister’s as my Konad stuff was at home. I love the matte green and the matte finisher is soooo cool. It goes over the top of your colour polish, like any top coat and takes the shine out of the polish. It looks so awesome. I really want a matte finisher myself now.
And finally, the wind was blowing the plum tree all about today, and the blossoms looked so pretty that I thought I’d take a video to show you.
My first video! Sorry it is so short, but I figured you would only want to see so much of trees in the wind.
I am still thinking about what else I would like to video. I like watching vlogs {video blog posts, which should technically be vlogosts??}, so I am trying to think of some good content that you might be interested in watching. Any ideas??
I hope you all enjoy your weekend. ^__^
xox,
bonita
Your nails look so pretty!!
ReplyDeleteL x
The nail art is so awesome. Also, I was so not interested in fashion when I was 13. I think for me, I started getting an interest when I was about 16!
ReplyDelete@L ~ Thank you! They are a bit messy, but I like how they came out. ^__^
ReplyDelete@Winnie ~ Yeah, I suppose you could say the same for me. I was not really interested in actual fashion until I was about 15 or 16.
perfect nails!
ReplyDeleteThe nail art is so beautiful! Love that!
ReplyDeleteI love your nail design. I agree. I dislike when people wear tights as pants. I always what to do up to someone and explain that tights are supposed to go under something.
ReplyDelete@Angela Joy & Gossip~Fairy ~ Thank you!!
ReplyDelete@Lady Kristen ~ Thank you and me too... >o< I just want to tell them "Please put some real clothes on!"
thank you for following me :)
ReplyDeletei love your blog <3 very cute!
xoxo